POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rating at the POV-Museum : Re: Rating at the POV-Museum Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rating at the POV-Museum
From: Pablo Viojo
Date: 19 Feb 2004 23:10:39
Message: <403588bf@news.povray.org>

news:40357fa2$1@news.povray.org...
> First of all, Andrel mentioned animations.  I'm guessing the bigger
file...

Maybe later, by non I'm thinking about still images only (becuase of file
size mainly)

> > Cosidering the suggestion of Tim about the qualification of the
curators,
> > maybe the votes of the differents curators could be weighted considering
> > their previous submision qualifications. For example, if "A" and "B"
gives
> > 10 points to two works but "A" has submitted works that were best rated
> than
> > "B" then their qualifications to the works would be differents (of
course
> > "A" rate would be less than "B" rate)
>

> Ohh, that's one thing I *don't* like.  While yes, nearly all of us would
be
> dying to see what Gilles thinks is "best" (I suppose an awful term),  I
> don't think his ratings would necessarily always be "more important" than
> others.

Yes, you're right about it.

> Possible other ideas:
>
> 1) Every contributor also a curator and that means that everyone gets a
> little corner of web space to say, "These are my favorite umpteen images
by
> other artists."  Perhaps one rating system could be the  number of times
> your image ends up in favorite galleries.  You Pablo the curator head
could
> periodically pick i) random private collections and ii) a private
collection
> of "an important povver"  to be on the front page.
>
> 2) Just 15 curators, but from a wide slice of the pov community.  They'd
> perhaps be responsible for rating every image under the sun.

Maybe a combinated system. First  the contributors select their favorites.
Then a group of "selected curators" chose theri favorites and based on both
choices the best works are selected. Of course that this would need an
automated system for rating the images.

> 3) [Less sound]  The zazzle system where one can go to a streaming view of
> series of large thumbnails for the images.  You just rate things as they
> come along.

Don't like it